Mushroom Pot Pie
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water, ice cold
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 5 oz./145-gram of button and portabella mushrooms, cleaned
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. thyme
- ½ tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- To prepare the dough, combine flour and salt in a medium bowl. Knead the butter cubes into the flour using your fingers, until fully combined and crumbly.
Add the apple cider vinegar, water, and mix until the dough has formed. Divide the dough into 2 portions and roll out into discs slightly larger than the Silicone Small Round Form.
- Pierce one of the discs with a fork, and then place in the Silicone Small Round Form, forming the dough along the bottom and sides. Place the remaining disc in the fridge until later use.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, add garlic, shallot, and mushrooms into the base of the SuperSonic Chopper Extra, then cover and pull the cord until finely chopped.
Place the mushroom mixture into a microwave-safe container, such as the TupperWave® 1¾Qt/1.75L Casserole, cover, and cook at full power for 90 seconds.
- Stir and add all remaining ingredients and microwave for an additional 90 seconds.
- Evenly spread mushroom mixture on top of the crust and cover with remaining pie dough, connecting the two crusts on the sides by pinching it all the way around with fingers or using a fork to close.
- Cut small vent holes on the top crust and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden on top.
- Unmold, cut into slices and serve.